Database In recovery

• Hi all

in my database, i cancelled big index altering query so database went to "In Recovery" mode.

But past 2hrs also it is showing in recovery only, how can i get database in online ?

• This might be helpful.

http://timlaqua.com/2009/09/determining-how-long-a-database-will-be-in-recovery-sql-server-2008/

Kurt W. Zimmerman
    SR DBA
    Lefrak Organization
    New York, NY

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kurtwzimmerman

• thanks Kurt W. Zimmerman,It is showing remaining time 2hrs and 30 min ,

Is there any way to get online immediate?

• There is nothing you can do while the database is running recovery, but wait. Those times are not 100% accurate, so it may finish sooner (or later) then it is reporting.

Microsoft Certified Master - SQL Server 2008
    Follow me on twitter: @keith_tate

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I should be handle this server to client with 2hrs, I have only 2hrs downtime(from now) ,

So i tried so many ways, but it is not.

now it showing remaining time 3 hrs(by using above query)

• PRR.DB (10/29/2013)

I should be handle this server to client with 2hrs, I have only 2hrs downtime(from now) ,

So i tried so many ways, but it is not.

now it showing remaining time 3 hrs(by using above query)

Wait, there is nothing else you can do.

The recovery estimate is often on the low side, so it'll probably take longer than 3 hours.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • You have to let it complete. Do not try to do anything to speed it up because you will only slow it down. Sorry for the bad news but recovery has to finish.

Do you have a backup of the database before the operation? Can you restore that?

Microsoft Certified Master - SQL Server 2008
    Follow me on twitter: @keith_tate

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply