Database Design-Pls guide

• hello everybody,

I am designing a database called CREP for a intranet task application for an organization. Also I have to design a small database called user for a individual task application . Now I have to transfer all the information from User database to the main CREP database.

Can anyone help me how to transfer the information from USER database to main CREP database.

Pls guide.

Rahil 

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Can you give a little more info on what you are trying to do?  Do you need a one-time transfer, a routine transfer, real time syncronization?  What does the table structure look like between the databases?  Is the data just being moved or is there transformations that need to take place? 

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• I have to do real time syncronization. The table stucture between the database is the name.

Pls guide.

Kapil

• So, as data is entered into one database, it needs to be immediately available in the second database?  If so, have you considered having the CREP database just reference the tables in your User database?  You could accomplish moving the data using triggers on the tables in your User databasel; however, this will add overhead to any transactions that edit that table. 

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• HI Kapil,

Did you try DTS ?

BR,

DU

• Hi

You can try and replicate the one table , Not sure if the table structure is the same

or  you can use a query to insert the data where not in the other table by a schedule or DTS 

W

• Thanks for your suggesstions. I will try DTS and update you how it works

• DTS will not meet your needs if you need real time syncronization like you've said.  You must use replication or triggers.

John Rowan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply