Database Connectivity Problem

• Hi All,

This is over production server and all the databases are running fine when we see from front end, but one of over website is not getting connected. We have even checked the connections strings and we are closing it perfectly from front end.

Even i created a new database in the same server only that site is getting problem.

Any one can give the solutions its urgent,

Syed Sanaullah Khadri

DBA

• As everything is working and you can connet to the db from the backend and it only the one web server that cannot coect i would suggest the credentials it is using are not correct.

You could setup a trace to log failed logins to confirm this using profiler.

Gethyn Elliswww.gethynellis.com

• Try to RDC into the machine which has the application and ping the DB server, if it dosent work then there might be some problem in the Domain.

If the above works, then Check the Port, in case u have changed the SQL default port to some other port,

If u got SQL Management studio on the application server then try connecting to the DB server, if this dosent work then check the configuration of SQL server, if this works then there is some problem in OBDC Connection from the application

Cheers

• Are you getting anything in the error log?

Default the Login auditing is set to 'Failed logins only'. This means that you should be able to see all failed login and also get some information about the reason for the login failure.

Have you tried doing a telnet from the webserver to the sql server on the sql server port.

telnet sqlserver1 1433

Ola Hallengren

http://ola.hallengren.com

• Hi All,

Thanks for ur responces but i will tell u the exact reason. My website code is on one server and the database is on other server. I am able to connect to the server but when the traffic is increased the server is not responding for that datbase only. Others are working fine only this database is not getting connected from remote machine (Code server).

Yesterday we have checked the error log files and windows log files also.

I think because of increase in traffic we are facing this problem.

Please need help.................

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply