Data Refresh

• hello,

i got a Change request for "Data Refresh"..I request someone to explain me in detail how to do this..i would really appreciate their help..the change request was to "do data refresh from 10/31"

i)does it to restore the backup of the database after 10/31 because i cant get the backup of 10/31 since we store the backup upto only 12 hours...

ii)after the datarefresh wat else i have to take care of ..

please explain me in detail as im a new to sql...does data refresh means taking backup?....thx,

• You may want to talk to your supervisor or a coworker. You may not store backups on disk for more than 12 hours or so, based on your comment in your post, but those backup files should then be backed up to tape or onther system where they can be retrieved for just such a request as you have now.

• Hi,

It's hard to say exactly what the person is after without more details. You will probably need to speak to the person who made the request and ask for specific instructions of the task to be carried out. It sounds to me that this is not a SQL Server specific task - it is a business specific task.

Perhaps they want a test or development server to be rebuilt with data from 10/31. If this is the case you will need to get access to the backup from that date and restore it to the appropriate server.

B

• thank you..yep i will ask her...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply