Data not geting inserted or update through application but through profiler data , we are able to insert or update

• Hi All,

i have a scenario here which was working without any issues till now. but since yesterday i am facing a problem.

in our application, if i browse a course the status, time, and other related data for course browsing is getting tracked. Till yesterday if i browse the course all the data was getting tracked, now time and other data is getting tracked in a table called progressdata, but status column is not getting inserted.

After running the profiler for this scenario, i received the SP and its parameters, i executed in the query window manually, i was able to see the data getting tracked but the same through application it was not getting tracked.

please let me know how to trouble shoot or what might be the problem

with regards

Dakshina Murthy

• It's not clear what you mean by a few things. I don't know how "browsing" updates something. Browsing implies looking (SELECT), not changing. If your application changes something, then that's different.

Tracking almost implies auditing or noting what happened, not making a change. If you mean that an update/insert/delete is supposed to change data, then please make that clear. If you mean that there is some mechanism, like a trigger, that will track changes, then please say that.

• dakshinamurthy-655138 (11/2/2012)

Hi All,

i have a scenario here which was working without any issues till now. but since yesterday i am facing a problem.

in our application, if i browse a course the status, time, and other related data for course browsing is getting tracked. Till yesterday if i browse the course all the data was getting tracked, now time and other data is getting tracked in a table called progressdata, but status column is not getting inserted.

After running the profiler for this scenario, i received the SP and its parameters, i executed in the query window manually, i was able to see the data getting tracked but the same through application it was not getting tracked.

please let me know how to trouble shoot or what might be the problem

with regards

Dakshina Murthy

What is "tracking" the data? A trigger?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply