Data not comitting ?

• Matt Miller (5/20/2008)

GilaMonster (5/20/2008)

GSquared (5/20/2008)

My thought was just put this logic in the proc that otherwise inserts into this table, and bypass the whole trigger and insert thing completely. But an instead of trigger would definitely be a step in the right direction.

It's probably a direct insert from the front end, not using a stored proc at all.

Matt Miller

It might be, unless the musical genius that came up with this scheme put something creative in the ON DELETE trigger of the same table....

One hopes not.

Agreed - but this kind of code would make me look twice, just to be sure there's no "extra cute" happening.:hehe:

Heck with looking twice. I'd start out with a code-audit of all the triggers... actually ... all things considered, I might not. It might summon Cthulhu if I did that. 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• ybol, all things considered, you might want to submit this one to thedailywtf.com. It seems like a valid candidate to me.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• LOL,

Many thanks for your help, I am awaiting a response from the user as to what they are hoping to achieve with this.

• I look forward to the explaination. :hehe:

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply