Data Driven Subscriptions Failing

• Hi

I am posting this to Reporting Services and Analysis Services forums since I don't know exactly what the problem is here. We have several SSRS 2005 reports that use SSAS 2005 as a data source. These reports have data driven subscriptions set up them which are triggered together in a morning. The problem is that the subscriptions fail intermittently. Below is an error I see in the RS log file. It suggests that the olap server is not accepting new connections. Some of the queries that the reports use do take a while to run and since they are all running in parallel I am wondering if SSAS is being overwhelmed by requests. Does this seem a reasonable conclusion? Are there any settings (in SSRS or SSAS) that can be changed to prevent this? Any advice would be appreciated. The report and and analysis server are on the same machine.

Regards

Ben

ReportingServicesService!processing!2b!12/05/2009-06:46:53:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'Olap Live'., ;

Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'Olap Live'. ---> Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnectionException: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

• Please don't cross post. It just wastes peoples time and fragments replies.

No replies to this thread please. Direct replies to: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic714850-150-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply