Data conversion failed

• I am having a data flow task with OLE DB Source and Flat FIle Destination.

100,000 rows are transferred and after that i am getting this error message.

When i am executing it i am getting an error

[AWT20015_DMS_PHONE_STAGE_UDM [2819]] Error: Data conversion failed. The data conversion for column "prm_phn" returned status value 4 and status text

"Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".

[AWT20015_DMS_PHONE_STAGE_UDM [2819]] Error: Cannot copy or convert flat file data for column "prm_phn".

Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED. The ProcessInput method on component "AWT20015_DMS_PHONE_STAGE_UDM" (2819) failed with error code 0xC02020A0.

The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task

to stop running. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC02020A0. There may be error messages posted before this with more

information on why the thread has exited.

[DPHODTA [1]] Error: The attempt to add a row to the Data Flow task buffer failed with error code 0xC0047020.

Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "DPHODTA" (1) returned error code 0xC02020C4.

The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component,

but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038.

There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.

The column prm_phn is of nvarchar(10) datatype both in source and destination.

i have checked length in metadata also and it is 10.

I tried many ways to solve it by seeing in internet, but nothing helped.

I tried ignoring out the TruncationRowDisposiiton and ErrorRowDisposition, didn't work though.

I increased the lenght of prm_phn in output columns in the advanced editor of OLE DB Source and in Flat FIle Destination to 100 from 10, but didnt work

Can anyone help me out

• What is the Code Page of the source (in the properties)? Does the Code Page of the destination match (for a flat file this is on the connection)?

One option is to set the destination to redirect rows on error and then output the error rows to another source. There are 2 articles on this site that show how to do this:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/62662/

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/65758/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply