Currency Symbol Problem

• I am currently writing a report in SQL 2005 RS and have a problem with the format of a currency field. I am creating the report through the 'SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio'

In the report preview (and live) it shows the prefix for the field to be $, and yet when I look at the custom format for the field it shows it as being Format Currency and the sample shows the output will be £1,234.00.

If I change the format to percentage or whatever it does exactly what you would expect it to do.

I have checked all the regional settings on my machine to UK in the various places you can and still it wants the result to be dollars. I have set the language options in Windows and SQL server to UK.

Anybody, help please!!!!

Regards

Toni

• Problem Solved:- I noticed that in the properties for the textbox, under 'International' there was a setting for 'Language', so I selected all of the offending boxes and changed their International properties from Default (U.S. I guess) to English (United Kingdom), and bingo, problem solved.

Regards

Toni Chaffin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply