Cube not being populated with data after a certain date

• I get the following error messages when my SSAS package executes:

Executed as user: INTLSOS\london.sql. ...ts xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/analysisservices/2003/xmla-multipleresults"><root xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis:empty"><Exception xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis:exception" /><Messages xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis:exception"><Warning WarningCode="2165374978" Description="Errors in the back-end database access module. The size specified for a binding was too small, resulting in one or more column values being truncated." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3240034317" Description="Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Request For Assistance' attribute of the 'Dim Case Detail' dimension from the 'NewCaseDW' database was being processed." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3240034310" Description="Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The process operation ended because the... The step succeeded.

If I am reading the error message correctly, it seems to be suggesting that it is not happy with column 'Request For Assistance' in the 'Dim Case Detail' table.

It aslo mentions that the 'Size specified for a binding was too small'

Any ideas how I could get this working again.

It has been working for years without any issues.

• For further information - The SSAS package has not changed for a very long time (and has been happily working for ages).

No changes have been made to the tables.

Any ideas?

• Someone changed the database table that provides the data to the DSV? Check the metadata from the DB and compare it (field length) to the field defined in the DSV. If thee are different, modify the DSV to match the DB. You may have to modify dimension Attributes also (to match).

Steve.

• Hi,

Sorry, I should have updated this yesterday but didn't around to it.

When I investigated further I found that the size for that column in the target dimension, as specified in visual studio, was 1024 (right-click the appropriate dimension and select 'view code'), whereas the corresponding column in the source table in SQL server was specified as nvarchar 1500.

Therefore I changed the datasize in visual studio to 1500, re-deployed the package. Then I processed the cube, and everything completed successfully.

No-one has changed any of the sizes within SQL Server, I just think that an unusually large value was keyed in by one of the users at some point, which was larger than 1024.

• Glad that it's sorted. It is strange that the sizes wouldn't be an exact match. Maybe SSAS defaults large fields to 1024 :unsure:

Steve.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply