CSV Files

• Jus (11/24/2009)

Thanks Jeff for your clue on xp_DirTree..It really helps....

You bet... thanks for the feedback.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• You need to create a workflow that will trigger the package to run and pass the filename as the parameter or use for each loop.... Or you can schedule the package to run on certain intervals in a day... or run it once with for each loop that will load all files one by one...

• vishal.kunwar (11/23/2009)

Hi All,

thanks for the response and i understood now how to use For each loop but my question remains the same.

how to work with date timestamp files, because one file may come 3-4 time a day in that case i have to run my SSIS Package 3-4 time.

How to retrieve those file in SSIS and if files did nt come that particular day in that case i have to load from the day one my SSIS package.

vishal

[font="Comic Sans MS"]

Vishal,

This depends on your business requirement:

1) If you are allowed to load all files at end of day. That will take care of all the files at one go. So schedule the package only once at end of the day or whenever the last file supposed to arrive.

2) If they need to be loaded by some predfined amount of time - say 10 min. In that case schedule the package to run every 10 mins. If it doesn't find any file it won't fail - just might write a log - 'file not found'. In this case it will be like a file processing daemon job

3) If you fancy more control on option (2) you may evaluate using custom component of filewatcher task detailed here:

http://www.sqlis.com/post/File-Watcher-Task.aspx

Let me know if this solves your query.

[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]--
    Sabya[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply