crystal reports and ms access 2007

• I have an ms access 2007 application database and i would like to connect to Crystal report reports stored elsewhere in my pc which i've created. how do i go about it. Can someone help please ! The reports are using data from the same access 2007 database.

my problem is how do i call the crystal report from access application.I have a Reports menu already and i would like to add it here so that whenever the user clicks on it, he is directed to the folder containing that report and the report opens.

• I have used the following to hyperlink to any file type. I assume it would work with Crystal Reports.

I keep the list of files in a table and use contents of that table as the datasource on a continuous form. Put the file and path together in a text field and give this code for its click event.

Private Sub Filepath_Click()

On Error GoTo Err_Filepath_Click

DoCmd.Hourglass True

Application.FollowHyperlink Me.Filepath

Exit_Filepath_Click:

DoCmd.Hourglass False

Exit Sub

Err_Filepath_Click:

If Err.Number = 486 Then

MsgBox "There is no program registered to open this file type.", vbExclamation, "No Associated Program."

Else

MsgBox Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description

End If

Resume Exit_Filepath_Click

End Sub

This may not be ideal from a security stand point if you don't have control over the types of files being included.

• hi dschubel

thanks for responding and i think this might help, just one thing though

i assume this line Application.FollowHyperlink Me.Filepath

is where i define the file path and in my case is it going to be

Application.FollowHyperlink = "C:\MyReports\Forecast Invoice.rpt" ?

thanks again

• Yes, in my example "Me.FilePath" is a reference to the field on my form that contains the path and file name of the file to be opened.

• thanks, will try that

• I used the above code to call my Crystal report from an Access 2003 database. It works fine on my pc as I have Crystal Reports 10 installed on my pc. But it does not work on a pc without Crystal Reports 10 installed. How do I get the report to run on a pc that does not have Crystal Reports installed?

Thank you.

• Could you possibly save the reports as PDF?

• I would like to start using Crystal Reports for my future applications, so in this case, no, I do not want to output it as a pdf report. Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply