Cross Tab result set in SQL

• I want to dynamically count how many applications I have had from all my introducers by month/year but only showing the last 13 months applications.

This will be an ongoing monthly report & the output will be in Crystal reports

The final output should have introducers down the left hand side, 13 columns of integers detailing each month/year count and a 14 column showing the total which would be the sum of all 13 months applications.

Lastly there should be a total for all 14 columns at the end of the report.

Can anyone help please.

•  

This looks like a simple cross-tab report. This is solved by a simple SUM(CASE). Search for cross tab or cross-tab and you should find a zillion examples on this site (and others). To receive a specific answer, please supply DDL.

With SQL2k5, look at the PIVOT join which is an alternative (but not necesarily better, just different).

• I strongly recommend that you create this with the cross-tab functionality built into Crystal Reports. It is simpler, more powerful, and more intuitive.

• If the numbers of columns are going to be constant at all the time then cross tab is the most effective way of getting the result set.

------------
    Prakash Sawant

http://psawant.blogspot.com

• Many Thanks, I indeed built the report using a Crystal Cross-tab & everything worked out just fine.

Thanks to all who advised.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply