Creating Index page with page numbers (for a report with many subreports)

• Can you tell me how can i create an Index page with PAGE NUMBERS in the Main Report which contains many subreports.

My index page will have text boxes with the name of all the subreports and it should show the page number from where the subreport starts.

hope this makes sense

• I need to solve the above problem.. but i was thinking of a workaround

is there a way i can display current page number in a textbox in the report no matter where the text box is located.????

• You might have heard this sermon before. There are three phases: Design, Execution, Rendering.

Based on the number of records returned during execution, pagination will occur during rendering. And you are anticpating the results of rendering even while you are at Design/Execution phase.

what I would suggest is to use the bookmark feature instead of page numbers. As you have explained, in the index page have text boxes and book mark them to the sub reports. Try it out.

View Siva Gurusamy's profile on LinkedIn

"Software changes. This is a rather obvious statement, but it is a fact that must be ever present in the minds of developers and architects. Although we tend to think of software development as chiefly an engineering exercise, the analogy breaks down very quickly. When was the last time someone asked the designers of the Empire State building to add ten new floors at the bottom, put a pool on the top, and have all of this done before Monday morning? " : Doug Purdy, Microsoft Corporation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply