Creating Data set Actions in Analysis Services

• I have problems with setting a data set action in Analysis Services (SQL 2000). The example also does not work. What is the problem? Can anyone send me a working example, please?

Regards,

Matej

• you install sp4 for analysis services and it will ok

• I installed SP4 for AS but it still does not work. It still returns syntax error when I try the example.

Any other idea?

Regards,

Matej

• Hi Matej,

What syntax are you using for the dataset query?  I did a quick test and it looks like it won't accept an MDX statement unless its in a string(ie double quoted -> "blah blah blah").  Unfortunately for me, I have no way of testing the dataset action (my tools support only url actions). 

cheers,

Steve.

• I have already tried to put the statement within quotes, but when I called that action, nothing happened. The example is without quotes and I think this is the correct way. Maybe I am wrong.

Regards,

Matej

• I think you definitely need the statement in quotes.  Are you testing using Analysis Manager? If so, it looks like it may not support the dataset action return type.  change it to a rowset and it works (or does for me anyway ).

Would be interesting to test with a front end that supported dataset type return.

Steve.

• re: the sample not having quotes - it's the same for the rowset sample, copy and paste it exactly and it doesn't work, quote it (ie dbl quotes) and it works fine.

Steve.

• hi, guys

i have same problem,

i am using this query and action target type is all cells

"call PWSSASHelper.Query

('

Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;

Data Source=SREEHAR-PC\instan;

Integrated Security=SSPI;

Initial Catalog=test',

'select * from dbo.Employee1');"

after processing the cube and then browsing,

while right clicking on to the cells itdoesn't show dataset action, what's the problem

if the query was wrong

then any one tell me sample query/example for dataset action...

i am using Sqlserver 2008 enterprise edition...

[font="Verdana"]SRIHARI(:~[/font]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply