Creating a Manifest file

• I have created a package in SSIS

That updates a SQL table from MS Access every time i run it, which works fine

What I would like to do it to add the SSIS package to the Job list so it automatically runs (scheduling)

I’ve been told that I need to create a manifest file first? Then what do i do?

Thanks in advance

• While it may well be your company's policy to do this, it is not mandatory.

It is perfectly possible to create a SQL Agent job to run a package which exists as a DTSX file in the file system. So if the development of the package was performed on the same server that the package is to be deployed, there is no need for a deployment manifest.

But if you did the development on a local instance, you will need to transfer your packages to the main server and creating a deployment manifest could help. Select Project/Properties/Deployment Utility and set CreateDeploymentUtility to true. Next time you compile, the utility will be created and can be run on the server to which the package is to be deployed. It's been a while since I used it, so please excuse any slight inaccuracies in my description.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply