Counting and displaying dates in SSRS

• Hello,

I'm modifying a report to display the number of days worked. So, for example, if a job takes three days (but not necessarily contiguous) then the count should be three days.

The problem is, as I mentioned, the days may or may not be contiguous. Also if two or more parts of a job are completed on the same day then that counts as one day i.e. three tasks completed in one day counts as one in my total days.

So, I've tried "=Count(Fields!TicketDate.Value)" which returns a count of days from the first date to the last which is not right.

I want to be able to find a specific date and then increment my count. If that date is repeated in the list then I only count it once.

Instead of having to code this, I'm wondering if there's a function (or some shortcut) so I don't have to write this in my expression option in SSRS.

thanks,

Paul

• OK, I've used 'CountRows' specifying year, month and day (excluding variable hh:mm:ss)

• Very good. Thanks for posting your answer....It's funny and it happens to me a lot, asking the question helps us find our own answers sometimes.....

• Thanks Bob,

Yes, it's funny how that happens but it's always good to ask around and there's no better place to ask than this forum.

I'm on a few forums but there's none better, in my opinion, when it comes to SQL Server issues. When you need the right answer fast - SQLServerCentral is the best.

Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply