Could not load file or assembly.Access is denied

• Hi,

I created a custom assembly named Test.dll in my development server and placed the Test.dll in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies and C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.5\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

And i gave the reference from my report for this dll in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.5\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

After deploying the report it is working fine in development server.

Then I changed the TatgetServerURL to production server to deploy the report in production server.

While deploying i'm getting the following error

ErrorError while loading code module: ‘Test, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’. Details: Could not load file or assembly Test, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

I placed the dll in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies and C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin of my production server.

I didn't create strong key for dll.

Kindly help me to slove this issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Please help me experts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Strong name the assembly and GAC it.

• Thansk for your reply.

I solved this issue by adding

Imports System.Security

Imports System.Security.Permissions

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Hi Arunkumar,

I've tried using the imports you mentioned without any luck with deployment. Could you send a snippet from your test dll showing the security permissions you put on your methods and classes so I can see if that will make a difference?

Thanks for any help if you happen to have a moment;

Dave S.

• Hi davidjsutherland

Try this

Imports System.Security

Imports System.Security.Permissions

Imports System.Security.PermissionSet

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply