could not connect to server because sa is not defined as a remote login at the server

• I get below error when I restored productin db to my environment. Can someone help me how to resolve this issue

Could not connect to server '<<ServerName>>' because 'sa' is not defined as a remote login at the server. Verify that you have specified the correct login name. . [SQLSTATE 42000]

Thanks,

Mahesh

• mamidimahesh (11/29/2011)

I get below error when I restored productin db to my environment. Can someone help me how to resolve this issue

Could not connect to server '<<ServerName>>' because 'sa' is not defined as a remote login at the server. Verify that you have specified the correct login name. . [SQLSTATE 42000]

Thanks,

Mahesh

When are you getting the error ? Are you trying to connect this server using a linked server ?

Sujeet Singh

• I get this when I execute a SQL Job.

Thanks,

Mahesh Mamidi

I get below error when I restored productin db to my environment. Can someone help me how to resolve this issue

Thanks,

Mahesh

First & Most Important rule in SQL Server. Please don't use 'sa' login for misc tasks.

for your issue, please go through the link. I guess Jason's comment is somewhat close to your solution.

http://forums.databasejournal.com/showthread.php?t=12388

I get this when I execute a SQL Job.

Thanks,

Mahesh Mamidi

I hope your issue has been resolved :-). If not, please provide us the information about the query that you are running inside the job step that is failing. Is it a maintenance plan ?, a stored procedure ? or a t-sql staement ? & what it does ?

Sujeet Singh

Thanks,

Mahesh

Have you changed permissions for sa login on that machine? This should have nothing to do with the database itself, this is a server setting.

Jared

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply