Copy Database Wizard problems: Remote tools not installed

• Hello everyone.

I am having a issue trying to use the Copy Database Wizard. Think I know the problem, but I want to verify.

I am trying to copy a database from a SQL Server 2005 standard 32bit version to a SQL Server 2005 64 bit version.

When I run the wizard, select the destination, I keep getting a message saying the remote tools are not installed on the 64 bit SQL server. However, the tools are installed. What I am wondering if it is due to that version running 64 bit. When I look at program files\, I see two Program Files: Program files and Program Files(x86).

Could that be the issue?

Makes sense, but thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Jason

• It should be using SSIS, which I think has a few issues between 32 and 64 bit. However if you run it from the source, or from your workstation, I'm surprised it has issues.

I might move the dbs separately than script things out rather than messing with this wizard. Always been slightly flaky to me.

• Steve Jones - Editor (9/23/2008)

It should be using SSIS, which I think has a few issues between 32 and 64 bit. However if you run it from the source, or from your workstation, I'm surprised it has issues.

I might move the dbs separately than script things out rather than messing with this wizard. Always been slightly flaky to me.

Thanks.

I'll give it a shot trying to fire off the tool from the destination server...see how that goes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply