Convert from DATETIME to DATE

• I have a Source column as DATE TIME datatype and I want to update the destination table column only with the DATE.

Source table : T1

Source Column (date time data type) : CallStart

Destination table: T2

Destination column: (DATE datatype) : Calldate

I am trying to use convert but i am facing an error.

Plz help me with this Query.

thanks

• show us your query; what part is failing? what specific error are you getting?

are you using CONVERT(DATE,Yourdatetimefield)?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Update T2

Set CallDate = ( select CallStart

from T1

where convert(Date, CallStart)

its an syntax error.

thanks.

• to update from another table, you have to establish the relationship betweent he two tables...typically it's a column that has a common value betweent eh two tables:

Update T2

Set CallDate = convert(Date, CallStart)

from T1

--what relates the two tables together?

where T1.Id = T2.Id

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• BEGIN

Update TABLE1

Set Column1 = (Select convert(date,CallStart) as CallStart

From TABLE1

Inner join TABLE2 P ON A.ProcessID = P.ProcessID)

END

When I execute the above Query i am faing the following error.

Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 2

Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.

The statement has been terminated.

any idea abt the error.?

thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply