Continuous SQL SERVER Errors

•  

Hi All,

I am getting the following error in Event viewer. Could you please help me. These Errors are generating from 2node clustering.

The description for Event ID ( 17055 ) in Source ( MSSQLSERVER) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 17053, LogWriter: Operating system error 21(The device is not ready.) encountered.

Thanks in Advance,

Nivas

• this might help: i believe that error  Operating system error 21(The device is not ready.) encountered. means that the path to the device(in this case a log file) does not exist. maybe you previously defined a database with data on a C: drive and log files on a D: drive, adn the d: drive doesn't exist any more?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply