Connections collection error

• I am new to SSIS and trying to learn the technology....Please bear with me

I get a error message which says "The connection "74E5718A-D91F-44CE-BA2E-8EE......." is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found"

what does it mean and also it didn't create any issues during data transfer...

Also i get another warning message "The execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised reached the maximum allowed. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in...."

Does it cause any issue if i don't change the maximum allowed number???

• The first error is almost certainly caused because you copy-pasted an SSIS package from another source, or imported it from another source, and the connection manager which that source used doesn't exist on your machine.

The easy solution is to just re-create the connection manager in your solution, and then re-add it to the object using it.

The second "error" isn't really an "error" per-se. It's just SSIS telling you that an error occurred, and so it is stopping execution of the tasks.

You don't want to change that. It's *very* rare that you're going to *want* to allow your solution to continue even though it encountered an uncaught error.

A better solution is to find the place which is causing an error and fix it. If it's an error which is expected, and one which you can't resolve, then you're better off using the error handlers to deal with it. You can either create an explicit error handler for the task, or you can just choose to link the error output of the object which is failing, to a new step, such as, for example, reporting the error. Then, if you wanted to continue execution, you can link the output of your error handler to the next step.

• Thanks Ramaswamy

• Thank you so very much for the reply on this, this helped me out a great deal!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply