Connection Issues with SSIS and SQL Server 2008

• I have an SSIS package running on SQL Server 2005 that is trying to connect to a SQL Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) database. When I run the job, the following error occurs

Error: 2010-12-22 10:22:40.61

Code: 0xC0202009

Source: metavanteach Connection manager "IMS"

Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred.

Error code: 0x80040154.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" H

result: 0x80040154 Description: "Class not registered".

End Error

Could it be that SQL 2008 is 64 bit and SQL 2005 is 32 bit? Any ideas on how to get around it?

Thanks,

Michael

• How did you configure the connection string?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Data Source=xxxxxxxx;Initial Catalog=IMS;Provider=SQLNCLI.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Auto Translate=False;

• SQL STEWIE (1/6/2011)

Data Source=xxxxxxxx;Initial Catalog=IMS;Provider=SQLNCLI.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Auto Translate=False;

SQL 2005 and 2008 use different providers. I believe it is SQLNCLI.10 or something.

It might be worth taking a look into that.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• I changed it to

Data Source=xxxxxxxxx;Initial Catalog=IMS;Provider=SQLNCLI10;Integrated Security=SSPI;Auto Translate=False;

and still get the following error

Error: 2011-01-06 10:23:15.52

Code: 0xC0202009

Source: metavanteach Connection manager "IMS"

Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred.

Error code: 0x80040154.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" H

result: 0x80040154 Description: "Class not registered".

End Error

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what the problem is. I can run the package locally without any issues.

• Did you install Native Client 10 before running that?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply