Connecting using OSQL

• Hi,

I'm trying to connect to SQL Server installed on my local machine using OSQL command line utility. It is giving me this error message :

c:\osql -s us072737\inhaler1

password:

[Shared Memory] SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

[Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen connect(())

Where us072737\inhaler1 is the name of the server. I'm using windows authenitcation mode and the operating system is Win XP professional.

Pl. help me with this.

Prag

• TRY

osql -S us072737\inhaler1 -E

• With Windows autentication (simple):

osql -E

With SQL autentication (simple):

osql -U username -P password

-Esa-

• I tried that and I'm still getting the same error message. Where shoul I check? PL. help

Pragnesh

• Hureeeeee!!!

I got it working using the mixed authenticatio mode. I have created a new user in security>login in sql server and then used that. I'm connected now.

Thanks guys for your help.

Pragnesh

• Hi

Can anybody help me? I have a server (cluster) and i am trying to install our maintenance. The maintance was installed succesfully in one of the server but the other one is not working. When we try to run it we get this message:

[Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

[Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

The scripts run O.K. using SQL Query Analyzer, but when ewe tried to run it using osql (Sql Server AGent ) is not working.

Any suggestions??? Thank you so much!!!

• Hi

Can anybody help me? I have a server (cluster) and i am trying to install our maintenance. The maintance was installed succesfully in one of the server but the other one is not working. When we try to run it we get this message:

[Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

[Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

The scripts run O.K. using SQL Query Analyzer, but when ewe tried to run it using osql (Sql Server AGent ) is not working.

Any suggestions??? Thank you so much!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply