confused, plz help

• Hi friends,

i m working as SQL server DBA since from 1.2 years, bt now i got opportunity

to switch to TERADATA in teradata company only.

I m little bit confused here, what to do?

Kindly help me friends whether i should take this chance or stick to sql server only.

Sanket Ahir
    Don't run behind the success, Try to be eligible & success will run behind u......

• What advice would you like? What are you confused about? There are companies using Teradata, lots more using SQL Server.

It's not a good or bad move, it's a "what do you want to do" decision. Not sure what we can do to help you. This is probably better served in the the career forums, so I'll move it.

• My advice to you would be to weigh out the good and the bad of both choices.

Make sure to keep in mind what it is that you really want to do and don’t only choose the position because it has an attractive pay.

I say that because its so hard to excel in a job that we hate. So weigh out your options and choose whichever position will benefit you the most.

The best way to arrive at an answer is to list out all the points / reasons for and against moving to teraddata.

Then choose the most favorable option.

Personally, I think that you have more options with SQL Server because you can go into SQL Server Development or SQL Server Administration (DBA) or SQL Server Training or SQL Server Analysis Services or SQL Server Reporting Services.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply