Conditionally updating columns cross-table in a very large dataset

• Any news? I thought this was urgent! 😉

• I'm running it now...it works fine, just that (maybe I described that wrong), the campaignX column is filled with the prospectsincampaigns.prospectid, whereas it should be filled with prospectsincampaigns.notes

I made that minor change, but the script ran in under a minute...I'd say thats superfast!

Also passing the DB to the client so they can test it...I'll keep you posted!

Thanks a bunch so far! 😀

• petervdkerk (11/14/2011)

I'm running it now...it works fine, just that (maybe I described that wrong), the campaignX column is filled with the prospectsincampaigns.prospectid, whereas it should be filled with prospectsincampaigns.notes

I made that minor change, but the script ran in under a minute...I'd say thats superfast!

Also passing the DB to the client so they can test it...I'll keep you posted!

Thanks a bunch so far! 😀

I was getting it done in 10 seconds on my laptop. I guess you had a little more data or a busier server.

Let's call this one acceptable for the time being :hehe:.

• it was more that I left the room (because of my previous script I thought I had all the time ;), so I knew it was less than a minute..on the second run it indeed completed <10 secs 🙂

• petervdkerk (11/14/2011)

it was more that I left the room (because of my previous script I thought I had all the time ;), so I knew it was less than a minute..on the second run it indeed completed <10 secs 🙂

Ah!, that's more like it.

So what's next? I still have a few minutes left on my 4 hours limit :-D.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply