Clustering problem

• Hello everybody

I have problem while install SQL Server 7.0 clustering... which is when primary server fail it will switch to secondary server (switching process is successful)but the components and application is not run at all at secondary server but it run successfully at primary server. The hardware specification for both server at same.

I install Active/passive clustering environment using

MSCS,

shared disk array (RAID 10)

virtual TCP/IP address

windows 2000 advance server

could anyone pls help me....

kenari

kenari

• So, You are saying the server failover is fine but your apps don't see the failover? I would check that you can connect to the passive node after the failover by telnetting to port 1433. Remember, all active connections are disconnected when the active node fails. The application will have to reistablish the connection.

Wes

• thank you for yr feedback anyway...

what dou you mean by your e-mail? is it there is any better way to solve my problem or if let say I would like to reinstall back how is it. I'm using sql server 7.0 and windows NT server

regards,

kenari

kenari7305@yahoo.com

quote:

So, You are saying the server failover is fine but your apps don't see the failover? I would check that you can connect to the passive node after the failover by telnetting to port 1433. Remember, all active connections are disconnected when the active node fails. The application will have to reistablish the connection.

Wes

kenari

kenari

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply