Clustering & IP Address

• Hi,

I am planning to do clustering in my personal laptop. I downloaded VMworkstation & windows7 X-64. How can I get IP addresses. I don't know how to create the IP address to do windows & SQL clustering. Please some one help me or provide me some useful link.

Thanks.

• I've written a detailed 7 part series on how to setup a SQL Cluster Lab from scratch in the past. Below is the link. Hope this helps...

http://sqlbuzz.wordpress.com/2014/01/14/setup-a-sql-server-cluster-lab-in-your-own-laptop/

• Thank you

• ramana3327 (1/14/2014)

Hi,

I am planning to do clustering in my personal laptop.

See my 3 part guide on this site at the following links

Create virtual cluster Part1[/url]

Create virtual cluster Part2[/url]

Create virtual cluster Part3[/url]

ramana3327 (1/14/2014)

I downloaded VMworkstation & windows7 X-64. How can I get IP addresses. I don't know how to create the IP address to do windows & SQL clustering.

VMWare Workstation will be fine, see my guide linked above. Windows 7 will not be suitable for the Virtual Machines to setup a cluster. You'll need server 2003 Enterprise or ideally server 2008 Enterprise. IP addresses are not created, they don't exist as a creatable resource. The action of assigning an IP address simply means to pick an address in your chosen range that another machine is not using and bind it to the network card. If you get lost, note down the addressses you have assigned in a spreadsheet or use Solarwinds IP address tracker

ramana3327 (1/14/2014)

Please some one help me or provide me some useful link.

Thanks.

See links above 😉

If you get stuck, post back here or here and i'll help all i can

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply