Clustering Failover Options

• Hi All,

Does SQL 2008 R2 clustering have failover options which allow you to failover based upon cpu or memory consumption? As far as I know this is not possible, but today a fellow coworker insisted that it was configurable.

Thank you in advance for you assistance,

Paul

• you are right, it's not possible also it is not key point for failover clustering

• I'm not sure why you would want to failover due to high resource consumption. This would terminate all existing SQL sessions.

You "could" setup a scheduled Powershell script to do this on Windows 2008. Provided the scheduler could gain access to the CPU

• I honestly don't see any reason to either. This was more about being told that this was definitely a configurable item and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

Thank you all for your help, it is much appreciated.

• paul.corujo (6/24/2011)

I honestly don't see any reason to either. This was more about being told that this was definitely a configurable item and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

Thank you all for your help, it is much appreciated.

I think it used to be configurable in MS MOM. I havent used it since it became SCOM so it may not be there now.

May simply be a misunderstanding of the different technologies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply