Cloud hosting suggestions?

• Hello again,

I've been running my SQL Database locally through my computer but am looking to move it to the cloud. I've been looking at Google Cloud services, AWS, Azure, and Elephant SQL hosting, but was hoping for some input from some of you more experienced people on what products you've found work best. Price is somewhat a factor, but the more important things are ease of use, features, etc.

Thanks for the help!

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• The major players, AWS, Azure & Google, are all priced somewhat similarly. You're unlikely to find a major price difference on them. So, I'd focus more on ensuring that you're comfortable with their overall offering and their programming & management interfaces. They all do similar things, yes, but they do them radically differently. You'd want to understand that to make the choice for which is best for you.

Also, I'm assuming you're just talking about VMs, not Platform as a Service offerings like Azure SQL Database or AWS RDS?

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply