Change intrinsic function GETDATE()

• Licensing! Actually, if using Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition and Virtual Server 2005 you can have up to 4 virtual servers using the same license as the physical server. Also, you can have an unlimited number of users hitting SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition ($49) in a test environment as long as they aren't changing any database objects, but testing the application that accesses the data.

You'll find the latter part in another thread somewhere on SSC, just not sure where, but I remember another user saying this after talking to Microsoft.

{Edit}

I would assume the same is true if you use SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition as well (I just noticed this is in a SQL Server 2000 forum).

😎

• Thanks for all your help!!! I am working on the solution right now. Hopefully it will pass UAT 🙂 Thanks!!

• Hmm. I'd love to see that one in writing, because Dev licensing states 49$ (US) "per user...Testing, developing, and designing"...That would be one for the Licensing gurus to take on (I usually just take that to mean - get enough to cover the testers).

both Editions currently list that way. Either way though - that's not a bad bargain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply