Carriage returns not working in the comment section of an E-Mail subscription in report manager

• I've set up a report subscription to send an email with an attachment and a few paragraphs in the comment section i.e. the content of the email. I have spaced out the paragraphs but all what seem to be carriage returns/line feeds are stripped out when the email is sent and appears as one long line of text. Any ideas how to fix this please?

• if you are sending the email as HTML, then that is the expected behavior...HTML does not respect extra whitespace ,tabs, or CrLf; it only recognizes it's markup tags.

if you do something like

@body=REPLACE(@body,CHAR(13) + CHAR(10),'
    ' + CHAR(13) + CHAR(10))

before you pass the email body to the procedure,

then the break would appear where you are expecting it.

note i had to add spaces to the BR tag because the forum strips out html tags

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Where do I put this code in the Subscription screen of Report Manager? Think I'm totally on the wrong wavelength here!

• Can someone answer this for me please?

• In SSRS 2005 there's a field called Comments. I tried it out and it did what you were hoping for.

[font="Arial"]Are you lost daddy? I asked tenderly.
    Shut up he explained.
    [/font]
    - Ring Lardner

• Where should I be looking for this field please? Is this in BIDS view of the report?

• Look in the Subscription screen in Report Manager. When you choose Email delivery you get a field called Comments which is where the body of the email goes. You may use HTML tags to format that text.

[font="Arial"]Are you lost daddy? I asked tenderly.
    Shut up he explained.
    [/font]
    - Ring Lardner

• That's where I put the content in before, however I hadn't put in HTML tags. Should I put a "BR" tag in wherever I want a carriage return then?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply