Can't install BIDS or Reporting Project

• I have a Windows XP Professional PC. I have also Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server Express 2005 installed on the PC. What I like to do is install the Business Intelligence Development tool, or have VS 2005 include the Reporting Project module so I can create reports. I know BIDS is really a light weight of VS 2005, but can't figure out how to get the Reporting Project included in an already installed VS 2005.

When I install BIDS, I get this error:

A component that you have specified in the ADD_LOCAL property is already installed. To upgrade the existing component, refer to the template.ini and set the upgrade property to the name of the component.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you.

• You need to uninstall the SQL Server Express standard and install the SQL Server Express tool kit edition to create reports, you also need to make sure IIS 5.1 is installed because SSRS 2005 is IIS dependent. You add IIS in add remove Windows component. The reason the Tool Kit edition is part of the SQL Server Express Advanced and you cannot run it and the Express standard.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=D434DC36-A24D-44EE-937E-553C382557E3&displaylang=en

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply