Can't Connect to SSIS

• I have a few issues that are probably all related.

We have a windows 2003 64 bit server that has sql 2005 64bit with sql sp2.

I developed a BIDS package on the server before SSIS was installed. Not knowing SSIS was not installed. We told the server admins when they installed Sql months ago to installs SSIS. We didn't need it till now so n oone checked. They would not allow us to install SQL ourselves bums!

My BIDS project worked just fine running in development on BIDS.

Now We had them install SSIS and my package will not even open it comes up with an could not load package:xml something like that.

At first the SSIS windows service would not even start, I ended up trying to have the local system account logon to the service instead of network service.

That didn't help. I finally found the issue with the service not starting was to to the service trying to connect to crl.microsoft.com. Since this server is not on the net and no way in the world would it be allowed on the net, I changed the dtexec.exe.config files among other 4 or 5 in all to have the disabled generated check (forgot the actual xml ) to enabled ="false" This allowed the SSIS service to start, but it doesn't work. I try to connect to it with SQL Studio and I

get could not load type library dll.

I tried to register the dtspipeline.dll, dts.dll and a couple others those registered just fine, but I still can't connect.

Nor will my package open in BIDS. Matter a fact I can't even create a new package in a new project I get the same could not load

package xml file.

I am not on the server right now so the errors are not exact paraphrasing if you could not tell.

I also tried reinstalling the workstation tools to no avail

Is is possible that integrations services service pack is not the same as sql? It was loaded after SP2 was installed?

Or does it have anything to do with the fact I am using local system account and not network service account?

I tried changing it back to network service in sql configuration and it did not work I got an error stating parameter invalid.

I can only use the local system account for the service at this point.

Any ideas how I can correct these issues?

help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

• Let's start with getting the exact error message.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Oh and one more quick question...

Did you reapply SP2 after installing SSIS?

Learn Extended Events

• No did not reapply SP2, I figured it was necessary, but we are not allowed to install anything. We have to get the powers that be to do it.

I assume sp2 needs to be reinstalled?

• SQLRNNR (6/6/2011)

Let's start with getting the exact error message.

This is the error

Could not load package "C:\Folder\MyPackage.dtsx" because of error 0xC0010014.

Description: The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

• Let's start with reapplying sp2.

Learn Extended Events

• working on it now too bad it takes FOREVER to upload to the site where this server is, probably going to take 5 hours to upload that 350 meg patch.

At least We can do it and don't have to wait on the so called admins.

Thanks for the help, I'll check back and let you know the results, may not be until tomorrow.

• OK Reapplied SP2 to Integration Services but I still get the exact same issue.

When connecting to SSIS from Management Studio I get error loading type library dll

Opening or creating packages I get the Could not load package "C:\Folder\MyPackage.dtsx" because of error 0xC0010014.

Description: The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

error.

When I try to run the package from a stored proc I get the same CPackage::LoadFromXML fails error.

The only thing I can see that works now after the patch is I was able to change the service logon account from local system back to nt authorityetwork services

• SSMS - is that when you are trying to open the package from SSMS on the server or on your workstation? If workstation, what version of SSMS are you using?

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (6/7/2011)

SSMS - is that when you are trying to open the package from SSMS on the server or on your workstation? If workstation, what version of SSMS are you using?

Everything is on the server no client workstation involved here.

The LoadXML error happens in SSMS when I try to run the package via query, and also when I try to open it in BIDS, or even create a new package for that matter.

When I reinstalled SP2 it said the only thing needing upgrading was Integration Services.

Thanks for helping

• Try this

Go into Project Properties, Debugging, and setting Run64BitRuntime to false.

Learn Extended Events

• I did this previous to applying sp2 I think i kept it that way. I'll verify it's still set that way tomorrow.

• SQLRNNR (6/7/2011)

Try this

SQLRNNR (6/7/2011)

Try this

Yes It is still set this way and still the same issues. I tried changing Run64BitRuntime to true same errors.

I think I may have just figured out the problem. I went and ran the sp2 patch again so I could see if i missed applying sp2 to anything else.

Then I notice under some of the components that it said sp3 was installed!!!

This is what happens when non sql people install SQL patches!!

I will install sp3 to all the components and hope this solves our issue!!!!

• Yeah - that could make a difference. Let us know how it goes.

Learn Extended Events

• FIXED!! Applied SP3 and registered the dlls for SSIS all is well, thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply