Cannot run DBCC CHECKDB

• Hi All,

One of my tables is corrupt and I've been trying to fix it using DBCC CHECKDB and CHECKTABLE without success even when using the repair options.

Each time I try to run the checks, I get the follwing error:

Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts. Possibly tempdb out of space or a system table is inconsistent. Check previous errors.

Msg 824, Level 24, State 2, Line 1

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect checksum (expected: 0x10ab6ff; actual: 0x2126569a). It occurred during a read of page (1:2198) in database ID 19 at offset 0x0000000112c000 in file 'C:\Database\DB.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

Is there a way around the error or a fix to the corruption?

Unfortunately I cant tell the time the corruption occurred since I only get to use the table for half-annual report and wouldnt want to restore back to the last successful backup and lose some data.

Your urgent help will be most appreciated!

• This isn't a corrupt table, it's a corrupt database.

There's damage to some critical system table. This is not repairable in any way. CheckDB cannot repair the system tables as doing so may have unacceptable effects on the rest of the database.

Your only options here are:

1) Restore to a clean backup. If you have log backups dating from that clean backup you can restore without data loss. Otherwise accept that you will lose everything since that backup

2) Script all objects and export all data. Accept that some may fail because of the corruption. Recreate the database from what you can get out.

Take a look at this article. http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/65804/

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply