Cannot create a connection to datasource "datasource name@ Login failed for user ''''NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON''''

• Hi i have confgured reportserver on to a seperate server and database on to a seperate server.

when i open a browser and type http://localhost/reports/Pages/Folder.aspx from the report server installed machine it's working perfectly,i can see the reports that i deployed and i can open the reports,

but in the same computer when i type http://011Reportserver/reports/Pages/Folder.aspx

011Reportserver="Reportserver installed computername"

i can see the reports installed,but i can't open the reports.it will give me the error "Cannot create a connection to datasource "datasource name" Login failed for user ''NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON''

Why is this hapening ?what is the solution for this problem ?

hlep me to sort out my problem !

sujithf

• We had the same problem in our environment. I was not directly involved in the resolution, but here is what I understand.

The login credentials that come from your calling application, to the report server, are not being honored/allowed by the database server. I believe you will need to create a special user login/pw that is valid on the report server and the database server.

Once you deploy a new report, you must go to Report Manager and manually edit the credentials to use this special user login/pw. Make sure that your Overwrite Datasource flag is set to False, so you do not have to tweak the credentials each time you deploy a new version of the report.

• If your data sources are on a different server to SSRS then this is a kerboros security issue by design (you cannot double hop), there are ways to get around this but not recommended, so I've read.

The simplest way is to create a SQL dedicated account and use that for reporting.

You can sue the SSRS variable of USERID to identify who is running the report if you need to.

You can of course use Windows authentication as to who can run/see the report via IE.

hth

Neil.

• Still i have no exact idea to implement this type of security,can any body please explain to me bit more about how to configure this security properly ?

many thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply