"Cannot create a connection to data source ..."

• Hi,

I have a report to run using SRS on vs2005. I have a shared data source in my solution, lets call it "mysource.rds".

When I preview the report I get the error:

"An error occurred during local report processing"

"Cannot connect to data source 'mysource' "

"Login failed for user (null). Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection"

I have set my options through 'Administrative Tools' to set security levels to trust My Computer and Local Sites on the advice from another forum but I still get the error. I can connect to the db from my machine but not from SRS.

Can anyone help?

thanks,

Paul

• That error usually means that you are using Windows authentication, and the computers aren't passing the login data to each other. That's normal in a Windows domain, and there are ways around it. Is that what you're doing?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Yes I am using Windows Authentication. My webconfig sets authentication mode to "Windows"

So, I don't know why this is happening. It seems that SQL Server doesn't recognize me as a user at all.

• I've found it. It was using SQL Server logins instead of windows authentication. The setting was in VS2005 itself.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply