Cannot Connect to Server using SQL Server 2005 Management Studio

• Getting the following message when trying to use Management Studio. Problems started occurring last week with SQL Writer. I searched numerous site but I could not find anything useful. Any insights would be appreciated. 🙂

TITLE: Connect to Server

------------------------------

Cannot connect to CP-WPP-NG01.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -2146893007)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=-2146893007&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

SQL Server Writer Error

Sqllib error: OLEDB Error encountered calling IDBInitialize::Initialize. hr = 0x80004005. SQLSTATE: 08001, Native Error: -2146893007

Source: Microsoft SQL Native Client

Error message: Client unable to establish connection

SQLSTATE: 08001, Native Error: -2146893007

Error state: 1, Severity: 16

Source: Microsoft SQL Native Client

Error message: SSL Provider: The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm.

• Our problem has been resolved. Someone had made some SSL registry changes which affected SQL Server and other applications on the box.

😛

• Is the database registry changed? can you show me which registry?

I have the same problem and not figure out what happened. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply