Can someone help with Sorting Multiple columns in SSRS report

• I have the following fields in a tablix report in Reporting Services (SSRS 2008 report):

SpaceNumber

ZONE

BLOCKNUMBER

STREET

MNumber

Latitude

Longitude

The problem is that I am not able to sort multiple columns simultaneously in Ascending order.

I would like to be able to sort by the following three columns: ZONE, BLOCKNUMBER, and STREET.

I tried adding these fields in the tablix sort properties sequentially as well as in the row details; however, the data is not sorting correctly. I also tried adding them only in the tablix sorting section as well as, only in the details row sort section. I am still not able to sort the data properly.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

leonie6214

• First, I would run a sort in the dataset.

If you can't run a sort in the dataset, then look for a sort in the dataset that conflicts with the sort in your tablix.

• Not sure how it would reflect in the tablix report BUT (depending on what software youre using) you could code your order in the query...

At the end of your query, code...

order by

ZONE,

BLOCKNUMBER,

STREET

It will automatically order in ascending in order. If you wish to descend, just type 'desc' (depending on your software) after each field.

Not sure if this will actually work, but it'll take two seconds so it might be worth a shot!

MB

• I have already tried the order by clause in the query. It sorts only 1 column in ASC order.

Thank you for your suggession.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply