can not open SSIS package from VS 2005

• Guys hi,

I had built an SSIS package and i entered a pasword to use it. What happens now is that although i provide the password it gives me the error message that Microsoft Visual Studio is unable to load this document. Failed to remove package protection with error 0x80131940 "(null)". This occurs in the Cpackage::LoadfromXML method.

What is wrong with it? any ideas? can i retrieve it?

Thank you

DF

"If you want to get to the top, prepare to kiss alot of bottom"

• I have this same error,

Did you ever get a solution to that problem?? I am using the correct password but no luck yet, still getting the 0x80131940 "(null)". error.

Thanks heaps, Jake

• Did you find the solution? i dont remember how i solved it, but i can give you something to try if you have no luck so far

• follow this

The reason for this error is, that sensitive data within the package (e.g. a connection user password) is encrypted with a key that is generated using the windows user profile of the creator of the package. If another user opens this package, he/she has another user profile and SSIS cannot decript the sensitive data within the package.

To resolve this problem, you can change the "Protection level" property of a package. This property states, how sensitive data are en encrypted.

To open the package you have to log on as the package's creator user, open the package in VS and if necessary change the protection level to another option to allow other the package to be executed by other (windows) users.

Important keys:

1) Create a Windows Account

2) Make account "sysadmin"

3) Make account Job Owner

4) Steps > Run As... = SQL Agent Service Account

5) Steps > Log on to the server = Windows Authentication

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply