Can IF/CASE like statements be used or exist in SSIS

• I have several files that have slightly differing naming from month to month and parts are static. I want to be able to read each file in a directory, import it, and archive it using a for each loop.

I have created data flow tasks for each file, and would like to call/start each data flow task off depending on what file I encounter in the loop. Oh and change the file name to a generic name that the connection manager uses.

I havent had much luck searching the topic, probalby because I do not know what to search for.

thanks!!!

• I haven't tried this, but a quick glance seems to show that you could set the "Disable" property of the Dataflow based on the value of a variable (like your filename) Perhaps having all three data flows in one container and then using an Expression where you set the Disable property on two to True while leaving one False would work.

I'm sure there is a better way (at least I hope so), but it seems this might get you going at least.

• Okay, I used a script task to deterime if a file was present. if the file was present I run a data flow taks, if not present I skip it. the issue I am having is with the precedent constraints.

If the file is there it does run the data flow task if it is not there it doesnt run the data flow task, my issue comes later when I want to run the final task, it wont run because I can not get the correct combination of constraints/expressions.

help, any ideas for logic.

• Resolution: I place the activity in a container. If file exists do this, else exit the container which makes the container always true unless of failure. So I do not have to worry about the precedent contraints.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply