Can I repeat a Matrix on each page of a report?

• I have a report that I'm developing with three different Matrices. The top two matrices could be viewed as a legend for the bottom matrix, which contains more of a detail-level for the data.

The bottom Matrix end up splitting out onto multiple pages because of its size. What I would like to do is to include the top two matrices on each page. That way the user can have a point of reference when viewing the detail data.

I have tried adjusting properties on the Matrix to "RepeatOnNewPage" and others properties to no avail.

I have searched for the past few days and have been unable to come up with anything. Is this even possible to do with SSRS 2008?

Thanks!!

• Finally found the answer.

For those interested, I encompassed the two "legend" matrices into a subreport. Then, I included that subreport as part of the details report as a table header. Set table header to repeat on each page, and all was good! 🙂

• Cool, did that affect performance noticably?

• Hi,

To improve the performance while using the subreprots in the SSRS 2008 ,select the subreport>>goto the properties(F4) and find the Merge Transations Just above the Name >>Set the value as "True".

Workign with multiple dataset reports and Large Amount of data you will find the better performace compare to the previously...

Thanks,

Veeren 🙂

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply