Calculating Average Collection Dates - HELP PLZ

• Guys hi,

i have a serious problem. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated pls.

I want to calculate the average payment days for each customer. Let me give you a short example.

Lets say that a custmer, (Customer A) has a 0 Euro balance with our company.

He makes an order (we dont care what goods) on 1st August 2007 that has a value of 200 euros. On 5th of August he deposits to our account 100 (euros). (This deposit is used to "cover" a part of his purchase from his first order).

Then, on 10 of August he orders goods of value 400 euros. (So the total sum is that he owes 100 euros from the first order, and 400 from the last order). On 15 of august he deposits as payment the amount of 300 euros. (So his first order is now paid in full (100 euros), and the rest (200) go to the second order. And so on.

Can anyone suggest a way or help me how to calculate that average payment days? That is how many days on average does the customer take to settle its orders?

Thank you,

DF

"If you want to get to the top, prepare to kiss alot of bottom"

• Hi

calculate the difference between 2 payments (no:of days)

take the sum of above mentioned days

calculate average

am not including any SQL statements here, since i dont know ur tables structures and other details.

"Keep Trying"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply