buttons in ssrs

• Hi,

I need to create "Add", "Remove" , "Move up" and "Move Down" buttons in SSRS. The logic goes like this. The parameter is a drop down and it allows multiple values. The user can select one or more values and click on "Add" button and it should add those selected values in the below box. The user can also change the order in that box by clicking either "Move up" or "Move down" buttons.

The report should also display a box, wherein whatever the end user types, should be displayed in the footer of the report.

Also, I need to provide the option of value of a numerical field in either millions or billions.(numerical value, value can be shown up in millions or billions and this should be a radio button).

Also, end user should be able to enter the maximum value for the Y-axis in the report chart.

I am using SSRS 2008. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• pjrpjr7 (5/15/2010)

Hi,

Hi

I'll attempt to answer each separately.

I need to create "Add", "Remove" , "Move up" and "Move Down" buttons in SSRS. The logic goes like this. The parameter is a drop down and it allows multiple values. The user can select one or more values and click on "Add" button and it should add those selected values in the below box. The user can also change the order in that box by clicking either "Move up" or "Move down" buttons.

As far as I know native SSRS doesn't support parameter controls like this. However depending on the number of values you could hard code the various options, or selections and build your query and tablix "dynamically" according to the chosen selection of fields. The sorting would be similar. Other options would be to create an application that allows you to build a report based on the selection of fields. This app would generate the RDL file, upload it, and then render the report.

Other easier option is to create a Report Model of the data and let the user build their own report, with the report builder.

The report should also display a box, wherein whatever the end user types, should be displayed in the footer of the report.

Quite simple one, provide a text parameter and place it in a text box.

Also, I need to provide the option of value of a numerical field in either millions or billions.(numerical value, value can be shown up in millions or billions and this should be a radio button).

Provide a parameter and base the format of the field on the parameter value chosen.

Also, end user should be able to enter the maximum value for the Y-axis in the report chart.

Should also be a simple value based on a parameter input.

Regards

Gavin

• Thanks for replying.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply