BizTalk Adapter for SQL Server

• Does anyone know of where I can find some SDK type documentation on this? I need to use biztalk to basically handle a SQL Replication (using SQL Replication is causing tons of log file issues). I was hoping this adapter could work for me, I believe there will be around 100 tables involved, I need to update DB2 whenever DB1 changes, as real time as possible (i think I have like an hour long window). The database is very large (i believe the backup files are 60gb or so) so using a simple backup and restore option is out of the question. Anyway was hoping someone out there might be able to help.

BTW - I have a DTS that backs up a db, zips it up, copies it over the network, unzips it, and restores it on the second server that runs every AM.

Also, every hour I am copying the log files (TRNs created in the Maintenance Plan) across as well (this is more for backup purposes). Maybe I can replay those t-logs on DB2 after I copy them across? (I did look into Log Shipping but this was ruled out by people higher on the totem pole than I :))

Thanks

Patrick Sullivan

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Unfortunelty I have never used BizTalk. Before looking into this I would revisit log shipping and find out why they ruled it out. I have learnt from experience not to take things for granted.

Also have a look at transactional replication, I always try to stay clear of adding complexity to a solution when its not required.

• Yeah I agree on that, I try to keep it simple as well, I think it's more because of the size of the database and the amount of transactions it is taking. We're going to be using Biztalk for some data transfer projects as well, so I think the idea is to Make biztalk the "moderator" so to speak. Once I get going on it I'll try and post some updates about what I'm doing with it, and some samples as well. This will be my first major foray into Biztalk myself, having a hard time finding Good Docs/Books on it.

• Psullivan, did find the answer for your question.  I am hoping that you can share the details here. I just started my research about Biztask server.

Shas3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply