BCP utility Erroring

• Hi,

I'm currently trying to using this bcp script to export results to a csv.

USE crm001_spark

GO

EXEC xp_cmdshell 'bcp "SELECT top 10 * FROM [datebasename].dbo.table name]" queryout "C:\Customers.csv" -c -b 10000 -t , -T -S [server]\datebasename'

and the ERROR that is coming out is

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = -1

NULL

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Login timeout expired

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF].

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = -1

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connecti

ons.

SQLState = S1T00, NativeError = 0

I have checked the server config manager TCP port and it is pointing to the correct port 1433.

Any ideas on what else could be causing the error ?

many thanks

• Shouldn't -S [server]\datebasename

be either

-S [server]\instancename

or just

-S [server]

• Thanks for that , I changed it to just server. Now Its coming up with a different error

SQLState = 28000, NativeError = 18452

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

NULL

• Because you've specified a trusted connection (the -T) it's trying to use your windows login to access that server. If you don't have that login listed under Security\Logins for that server you'll get that.

Either create a login for your account on that server, or specify a SQL Server login instead (-U and -P).

• Now im getting a Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Unable to open BCP host data-file

but the file does exist > C:\bcp and i have created a csv file [customers.csv] which is just a blank excel sheet

• Don't create the csv file - bcp does that.

Are you running this from a command window on the server? Or are you on another server?

• Spoke to one of our network guys and he said he will need to map the drive for it to be access. Which is causing my error.

My last problem would be , if i wanted to exported the results to have a tilda (~) to separate the values , how would i do it ?

• You'll need to use a format file for that:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/BCP+(Bulk+Copy+Program)/105867/

• Suth (10/16/2015)

Spoke to one of our network guys and he said he will need to map the drive for it to be access. Which is causing my error.

My last problem would be , if i wanted to exported the results to have a tilda (~) to separate the values , how would i do it ?

That's what the -t is for. Just use -t~

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply