AWE Enabled

• Hi Everyone,

I have enabled the AWE for our SQL Server EE 2005 on Windows Server EE 2004.

The Total Memory Available on our Server is 8GB.

I have configured min server memory=2048MB and max server memory to 6144MB.

But, I found sqlservr.exe just using not more the 22oMB and as per Memory Counters

are concerned it has been showing the same values for both

"Total Target Memory -- 6GB"

"Total Server Memory -- 6GB"

and the RAM Utilization has been in between 6.88G - 7.01GB and beyond it!

Would some body please help me out?

How SQL Server is utilizing the memory? (It must use Dynamically for SQL Server 2005)... But, confused with that result....

Regards,

Naga

[font="Arial"]Naga Raju Appani[/font]

• Hi,

when AWE is enabled you can observe memory utilisation only from SQL Server performance counters.

Regards,

PSA

• Hi,

Thanking for ur response!

I found total server memory as 6GB, that is ok with me!

But, perfmon output for the same counter as well as total target memory is 6GB and showing same...which must not be the case as per MS recommendations..... Total Target memory should always be less than to Total Server Memory..if exceeded meant ....SQL Server needs more memory and utilizing..Am i right? the OS Memory dynamically.. and more over ....in task manager... sqlservr.exe memory utilization found just not more than 250MB ...... and the total memory it has been showing under utilised is being varied between 6.88GB-7.10GB .... that is where my confusion is?

Regards,

Naga

[font="Arial"]Naga Raju Appani[/font]

• check out dbcc memorystatus. search online for guideance about this undocumented dbcc command.

Best,
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server Consultant
    SQL MVP 2007-2012
    TheSQLGuru on googles mail service

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply