Availability Groups - Disconnected

• Hi,

I have set up a three-node cluster with two nodes sharing volumes and the third using its own volumes (multi-subnet cluster). When I set up a test database and create a new availability group (asynchronous), the primary (two-node location) database is Synchronized and the secondary is Synchronizing.

I'm trying to set the secondary replica to Synchronous so I can fail over without data loss, but I got this message:

"At least one availability database on this availability replica has an unhealthy data synchronization state. If this is an asynchronous-commit availability replica, all availability databases should be in the SYNCHRONIZING state. If this is a synchronous-commit availability replica, all availability databases should be in the SYNCHRONIZED state."

And the secondary replica is in Synchronizing state.

Can someone please help me resolve this? Thank you!

• Have you looked at the AlwaysOn dashboard to see whether there are any warnings? Is there any errors in the SQL Server error log?

• what does the cluster validation report show?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply