Automatically updating my SSIS

• Hello,

I would like to update my SSIS package, but I don't know for sure it's possible.

I have 20 stages, and when I have a new record with as example stage 3, my ETL has to insert

automatically two new records into my facttable with stage 1 and 2.

So, what I mean is that every record has to have all different stages.

Anyone who could help me?

• It means you want when stage 3 then perior to stage 3 (stage 1 & stage 2) should be inserted.

if i m right , then you can create a script component to handle this ?

you can add the rows into output buffer according to the stage no you are getting from your input.

If i m wrong then please , correct me.........

Thanks,

Amit Gupta

" [font="Verdana"]IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE -[/font] [font="Courier New"]Albert Einstine [/font]"

• I'm rather new in this business so I didn't knew what component was right for this task, so thank you very much!

• I have a question related to the script component. The situation is like this:

I have New Output (a new record with a certain stage was added) but it's also possible to edit a current record (by example the stage of the current record was updated from 3 to 5, also in this situation a record must be added with the missing stage 4).

It's indeed possible to solve this problem with the script component like Amit said earlier in this topic. I think I need a sort of lookup in my script to see what stages are missing, am I thinking the right way? And could anyone tell me how you do such things in Vb.net cause my experience in that matter is very limited.

Thank you very much!

greetings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply